The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) is the focus of the political process to address Climate Change. The Convention secretariat is supporting the Convention and its Kyoto Protocol by a range of activities, including substantive and organizational support to meetings of the Parties.
Functions to be performed:
1. Provides support for software solutions and quality assurance by:
a) Preparing test scenarios and testing of new software solutions;
b) Maintaining quality of data available on the website;
c) Assisting in drafting of documentation relevant to software solutions and quality requirements and specifications;
d) Providing additional support to identify and solve software defects.
2. Provides assistance with database and website maintenance by:
a) Assisting in the maintenance of websites by scanning, converting and posting a wide variety of documents;
b) Ensuring the accuracy and availability of documents and other information on the web;
c) Providing assistance to remote users on matters related to the accessibility and availability of information in the sites;
d) Performing data entry and extraction functions;
e) Performing routine tests on database prototypes.
3. Provides support to UNFCCC meetings by:
a) Preparing reference documents for system users;
b) Supporting the logistical requirements for the meetings;
c) Preparing presentations to ensure ideal information distribution;
d) Drafting minutes and outcome of the meetings for documentation and presentation purpose.
4. Provides guidance to other staff on website maintenance, computer applications, etc. by:
a) Providing effective software defect reports to internal websites users;
b) Assisting in the preparation of documentation of modifications and development processes for databases and software by preparing and revising user and developer manuals and other documents.
• Graduation from a secondary school or equivalent. Web/computer application training in computer systems.
• At least four (4) years of directly relevant experience. At least one year of experience in an international environment would be an asset. Experience with website management applications, quality assurance or quality management areas would be an asset.
• Fluency in English. Working knowledge of another UN language and German is an asset.
In order to apply for this vacancy please only use the on-line application system available at http://unfccc.int/secretariat/employment/recruitment by clicking on the “apply” link next to vacancy announcement VA 09/017RDA.