WILEY-VCH, a subsidiary of the distinguished publishers John Wiley & Sons, is an international science publisher based in Germany with over 80 years experience of producing high-quality professional magazines, scientific journals, books and electronic media in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science and Life Sciences.
Due to development of the Global Research – Research lnformatics department we are offering the position for a
Junior Technical Editor (f/m)
We are looking for a motivated and innovative individual to work on product development, software applications, and tools for spectral, structural, and other scientific databases.
– Work with authors, technical staff, and sales and marketing staff to commission and develop scientific workflow databases for use in demanding laboratory and field environments
– Work independently and as member of small, geographically diverse teams
– Diverse tasks and projects to help developing products for use in an advanced technology environment
– BSc or higher degree in molecular sciences (chemistry, life science), analytical chemistry, or related fields; minor in business or economics is a plus
– Knowledge and experience in molecular sciences and spectroscopy is preferred
– Some skills or experience with Java, scripting (Perl, Python, or PHP) would be a plus
– Results oriented, with a desire to learn, innovate, and create important products that can have a direct impact on people’s lives
– Work experience or demonstrable project portfolio
– Good written and verbal communication in English and preferable in German
The main office is based at WILEY-VCH in Weinheim, a pleasant small town near Heidelberg in southwest Germany, however the right candidate will be considered for Berlin/Germany, Hoboken/US or Toronto/Canada as well. We oller competitive financial and career rewards, training and career develop-ment.
Please submit a CV in English, together with a short cover letter describing career goals and explaining your interest in the post.
Please mail to:
Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA
The place to be