Aeria Games & Entertainment is the leader in free-to-play massively multiplayer online (MMO) games in North America, Latin America, and Europe. Since our debut in 2006, we have been at the forefront of pioneering critically-acclaimed microtransaction-based online games in emerging markets and have offices in Santa Clara, Berlin, São Paulo and Tokyo. We are home to a community of over 15 million gamers and offer a diverse catalogue of titles including such hits as Dynasty Warriors Online, Shaiya, Last Chaos, Shin Megami Tensei, and Grand Fantasia.
To reinforce our European Headquarter in Berlin, we are looking for
Web Developer/ Berlin
This unique position is for a skilled engineer and online game enthusiast. We are looking for a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision. This role will be responsible for web application development for a high traffic site to serve our community of massively multi-players online gaming (MMOG). As a web engineer for millions of gamers, the daily tasks will be constantly challenging. The ideal candidate will be flexible, enthusiastic, innovative, initiative and can transform our website into an online hang out destination
* Design, develop, and maintain the online gaming community site with innovative Web 2.0 features.
* Participate in entire software development lifecycle, from requirements gathering through documentation and support.
* Provide technical expertise in the areas of web architecture, object-oriented software design, and implementation.
* Experience with large scale and high performance web application in PHP, Java, or C++ using Apache/LightTPD Server.
* Experience in Content Management System Drupal, WWW service architectures and components (REST, JSON, SOAP, RPC) and Version and revision control system Subversion.
* Strong in web based applications and networking in Linux/Unix environments (prefer LAMP experience).
* Excellent SQL and database experience, particularly with MySQL.
* Strong design and development process.
* Experience with service oriented architecture (SOA).
* Very strong verbal communication and technical writing skills.
* Self starter, quick learner, and team player.
* ActionScript 3 and Java are a plus.
* MSSQL and PostgreSQL is a plus.
* BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent.
How to Apply:
Send your resume to us via email (jobs.de at aeriagames dot com) putting the position you are applying for in the subject line. Please include:
· Cover letter/e-mail telling us about your related qualifications and achievements.
· Résumé in Word or PDF.
Due to the high level of applications, we are not able to reply to every applicant. We will contact you should your skills and qualifications present a possible fit for our needs.